Thursday, June 28, 2012

Some great movie lines.

The passing of Nora Ephron made me think of one of my favorite movies of all time: When Harry Met Sally... It's just a perfect movie that shows very real feelings. The movie has so many perfect and funny moments. One of my favorites is when Sally announces she and her boyfriend broke up and her friends pull rolodexes (ROLODEXES!) out of their purses to look for suitors. Of course it's funny now because no one owns Rolodexes anymore. If that scene were done today it would be all about iPhones and tweeting a cute guy. So, in a movie filled with amazing lines and moments, what's my favorite line? "Baby fish mouth!"

Another line from a totally unrelated (and terrible) movie that I love: "I'll go first because I'm the prettiest." it's from the Brady Bunch Movie and it makes me laugh every time. My sister and I watch that movie often for reasons I can't remember. Well, probably because that line is hilarious.

And one more: "Though we adore men individually, we agree as a group they're rather stupid." This line was sung by the mom in Mary Poppins. It's so true.

No comments:

Post a Comment